Friday 1 June 2012

Feature And Follow Friday (2)

Feature and Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we will answer! This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact. This weeks question is....

Question:   
You are a matchmaker — your goal, hook up two characters from two of your favourite books. Who would it be? How do you think it would go


Answer: 
 
This is such a hard question, but l I think I'm going to have to say Simon from Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series and Sydney the alchemist from Bloodiness and Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy saga. Despite the fact that these two series are two of my absolute favourite, I seriously think these two characters would match perfectly together. Assuming this is in some warped, alternate universe, I genuinely think they would be highly compatible. First off, both characters are insanely cute and, in a way, nerdish and perhaps a tad awkward. Sydney and Simon are both head strong characters who stand up for those who they love and live by the same morals. I also think that I might find the dialogue between the two characters incredibly amusing! 

Now the hard part; admitting that I wouldn't go very far in order to 'match the pair together'- don't hit me.....Yet! The reason I would be hesitant to really push Simon and Sydney together is really correlated to the fact that I am sure the authors of both series will do a great job in matching their characters up with their proper, intended love interest inside their initial, respective worlds. Plus I'm pretty sure Sydney would hate me if I took her away from Adrian...And who could blame her. Ahh Adran *swoon*..   Now in relation to Simon, he seems to be getting fairly cozy with Isabel so we shall see what Clare has in store for us on that front! Two of my favourite series and characters, I love them both.

So there's my answer. Link me yours :)

-Skye 

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SKYE!
    Even though i haven't read TMI, i absolutely love Sydney!
    Well, i did read half of CoB, so i know who Simon is and i think i would agree with you!
    Although Sydney and Adrian = <3 LOL
    *swoons with you over Adrian*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Skye! Great answer this week, shame I didn't join in Follow Friday today - I would've had fun with the question :)
    I'm a new follower, would love for you to check mine out too :)
    Beverley @ A Reading Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read those series but I think you're reasoning is very sound.

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read either of these, but you sound so convinced it has to be a good pairing. Hop on over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/i-have-friday-on-my-mind.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower!

    Haven't read those books, but the pairing sounds really fun :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read either series, but they sound awesome! I'm a new follower! My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read either :( But I need to because these two series are the ones I;ve seen most about during #FF :D New follower via GFC!

    Kayla @ Bengal Reads (YA Blog) & Reading On The Wild Side (Adult Blog)

    "Click Here" To view my #FF post for Bengal Reads

    "Click Here" To view my #FF post for Reading On The Wild Side

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great combination! I haven't read those books either, but it sounds cool! I would have to put... Katniss from The Hunger Games with Alex in Angel Burn. They would make a great team! But then again, Katniss just goes with Peeta, and Alex goes with Willow. I don't think they'd like to be separated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was too late to really do this FF hop (well I thought it was only allowed if doing a giveaway, but will do it next week) But enjoy seeing other blogs. I am a new follower, GFC Michelle L. Lynn.
    I wanted to just comment on who I would pick for the question.
    I would say Christina from Divergent and Insurgent, and Myrnin from the Morganville Vampire's, Why? Well, Poor Myrnin (crazy, mad professor vampire, but cute) is lonely, seems like he might have feelings for Claire (human genius sweetheart) who is with yummy Shane, so he could use another smart type girl, AND since all boys Christina ends up liking, die. Since Myrnin is a Vampire, he is much harder to kill. She might have a boyfriend who stays alive? lol. Even though Myrnin is hundreds of years old at least, he looks like 20, so it would be cool. lol, I know, nuts right? Michelle at http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kishan from tiger's curse and Rina from the Psy/Changeling Series! they's be my match!
    Great blog! follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete